Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Anyone Else Witness the Woodley Park Brawl?


From Dawn:
It was around 10:40 p.m. or so.

The Red Line train toward Glenmont pulled up (I was waiting for Shady Grove) when all of a sudden, I heard a lot of yelling and saw a large group of teenagers (maybe 20 or so, guys and girls) running around.

At first, it just seemed like a large group had just come off the train and were being loud, but I then realized that at least two guys were fighting right by the escalator. They continued fighting and moving around the other side of the escalator.

The group cheered them on and were also running around the fighters to watch. They were also running up and down the escalators to watch from above.

They never seemed to move past the area around the escalator. I was closer to the entrance of the tunnel.

The whole thing lasted around 2 minutes, although it seemed much longer.

Finally, my train finally showed up, and I hopped on. When the doors closed, I could still hear all the commotion, so I assume they were still going at it when my train left.

One guy, who was waiting nearby, got on his phone and moved behind a column to make a call so I assumed he was calling 911, but I'm not sure.

I wanted to call, but honestly (and I feel embarrassed about this), I was afraid to be spotted by any of the teens.
Other items:
Metro employees take home vehicles (Examiner)
 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.
Site Meter